1. Hind track in bounding gate. Track 4 L x 3 W cm
2. Straddle about 9.5
3. 3 claws about 1.5 cm long
4. Impression of thumb claw
5. Plantar pad approximately circular
6. Track and straddle dims within envelope of cottontail.
7. No other similar pattern found
8. Straddle typical of small mammal.
9. Found in mud near shore of pond. Direction appears to be out of nearby brush. Only track of this type found.
10. Cottontails common to the area and even a den was found nearby.
San Bernardino County, California, US